Greetings and Welcome to OBrienPC
My name is James O’Brien, and this is my personal website. I am an IT professional in Seattle Washington. I am also a proud born-and-raised native of Seattle; home of the all-mighty and awesome Seattle Seahawks, and home to some of the coolest people and places in the world.
My website hosts a number of topic and interests. If you have come here looking for technical support, I suggest checking out my Help Desk section, which contains articles on troubleshooting common computer issues and other great resources for getting the most out of your computers. If you are here because you want to know who I am (really?), may I suggest browsing through my Personal Blog section? There, you will find that I am into photography, Photoshopping and graphic design, cycling, and you will also find out I am a bit of a space-geek with a strange but lovable sense of humor.
I am currently adding a Services page to my website to offer my skills and expertise in computer repair and upgrades, networking, and web and graphics design. Please take a moment and check out the onsite, in-house, and remote support services I offer on my Freelance Services page.
I am honored that you chose to visit my website, and I hope you have an enjoyable experience here. Thanks for visiting, and I hope you bookmark my site and refer me to your friends!
Computer Problems? I Can Help!
I am now offering in-house, onsite, and remote computer and network support in the Seattle area, and including Bellevue, Renton, and Kent. Rates are very low, and service is very professional.
- Computer Repair - Upgrades and Refreshes, Data Recovery, Malware Removal, More!
- Home and Small Office Networking - Wired or Wireless Installation, Troubleshooting, Security
- Upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7
- Installing or Upgrading to Windows 7
- A little StarLight Photography
- OBrienPC Supports Net Neutrality
- Windows 7 System Support Tools
- The Pacific Northwest from the International Space Station
- Free Microsoft Stuff!
- Using BitLocker Drive Encryption
- Windows 7: Backup and Restore
- Recommended Troubleshooting and Free Tech Support Sites
- My thoughts – On raising the minimum wage in Seattle to $15.00
- Supermoon – August 10, 2014
- Getting Geeky with the Seattle Seahawks 2014 Season
- Using Windows Search
- Welcome to Office 365
- Find Drivers for Unknown Devices in the Device Manager
- Go Seahawks!
- Using Event Viewer Logs To Troubleshoot Issues
- Create a Windows 8.1 USB Recovery Drive
- This is my home. It is precious to me
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 – Accidently Deleted Distribution List
- Recommended Programs: CCleaner
- Windows 7: Cannot Pin to Task Bar (Resolved!)
- Unfreeze programs in Windows 7
- Site Map
- Karaoke Night at Love's Landing in Renton, WA.
- Humor: the Red Binder
- Looking For Work!
- The Bat Mobile, no Longer Science Fiction
Quote of the Day
If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, ‘Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. —