Microsoft Outlook 2010 – Accidently Deleted Distribution List
It seems that accidentally deleting a distribution list in Microsoft Outlook 2010 is a fairly common issue. The problem is that the Delete Group button is right next to the Save & Close button in the Contact Group pane. Fortunately, recovering a deleted distribution list is fairly easy.
Depending on whether you are using Outlook as a stand-alone e-mail client or using Outlook in conjunction with Microsoft Exchange Server, the process to recover accidentally deleted distribution lists is as follows:
Recovering a distribution List
- In the Navigation pane, click Deleted Items
- Find the distribution list that was accidentally deleted, and drag it to the Contact button at the of the Navigation pane.
Recover a distribution list once the Deleted Items folder has been emptied
Note: Your Exchange administrator specifies the retention time for items that are deleted permanently on the server running Exchange. After this time elapses, you cannot recover the deleted items.
If you use a Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, Exchange Server 2003, or Exchange Server 2000 account, Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 provides a way to recover items after you delete them permanently, even after you empty the Deleted Items folder.
- In the Deleted Items folder, click Recover Deleted Items on the Tools menu.
- Locate the distribution list and then click Recover Selected Items.
- In the main message list, drag the distribution list to the Contacts button at the bottom of the Navigation Pane.
Note: You must use an Exchange account for this command to appear. If you use an Exchange account and do not see the command, contact your Exchange administrator.
- This procedure adds the distribution list to your main (default) Contacts folder.
- Your distribution list might be listed according to the date that it was created; in that case, scroll through the deleted items.
- You are welcome to use this graphic as long as it is not used to promote racial discrimination, or posted on any site or service that promotes racial discrimination.Read More »
- This morning, I say good-bye to a dear friend, and a most amazing pet. Kat passed away late last night, after losing the fight against a sudden illness. Her pain is gone and her spirit is free.Read More »
- It is not a sad day for the Seahawks or the 12’s. we made it to the Super Bowl and we played like the champions we are. But only one team can win, and this year it’s the Patriots.Read More »
- Microsoft Vice-President Joe Belfiore released a video today highlighting user experience with Microsoft's newest member of their line of operating systems, Windows 10.Read More »
- I made this Seahawks graphic to commemorate the Seattle Seahawks victory over the St. Louis Cardinals on December 28th, making the Seattle Seahawks the 20145 NFC West Champions.Read More »
- Print | PDFYou think Seahawk fans are loud? That’s only part of it. We are also crazy dedicated to our Hawks. This is my personal playlist of my favorite Seahawks videos on YouTube. Most of it is musical tributes from Seahawk fans, other’s celebrate our Superbowl 48 victory. All of them are inspiring and entertaining. […]Read More »
- Print | PDFThis is a mixed collection of some of my favorite space-geek videos on YouTube. Yes, I am one of those guys who loves documentaries of space and space exploration. I also enjoy scientific lectures and debates about cosmology, astronomy, and physics. Related PostsThe Pacific Northwest from the International Space Station This is a […]Read More »
- ARE YOU READY desktop wallpaperRead More »
- Print | PDFOne of the great joys of being a Seahawks fan, or even a Seahawk player, is all the bad calls we get from the ref’s. Not that all of their calls are bad, but we get more than our share. So, a couple of guys got together and put together this little song […]Read More »
- This article is intended to guide you through a successful Windows XP to Windows 7 upgrade and migration. In writing this guide, I am assuming that your XP machine is a typical configuration, and that you are installing Windows 7 on the same machine.Read More »